Love Quotes of Jalal al-Din al-Rumi (8)

Wherever Beauty looks,

Love is also there.
Rumi

Beauty and Love are as body and soul.
Beauty is the mine, Love is the diamond.
They have together
since the beginning of time-
Side by side, step by step.
Rumi

This is a gathering of Lovers.
In this gathering
there is no high, no low,
no smart, no ignorant,
no special assembly,
no grand discourse,
no proper schooling required.
There is no master,
no disciple.
Rumi

Patience is the key to joy.
Rumi

You think the shadow is the substance.
Rumi

That which is false troubles the heart, but truth brings joyous tranquility.
Rumi

People of the world don't look at themselves, and so they blame one another.
Rumi

One need not worry or fret about any secret magic to begin to unlock her inner soul. It will respond to the one who seeks it.
Rumi

You wander from room to room. Hunting for the diamond necklace.That is already around your neck.
Rumi

In your light
I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you.
Rumi

With every breath
I plant the seeds of devotion -
I am a farmer of the heart.
Rumi

Every moment
I shape my destiny with a chisel -
I am the carpenter of my own soul.
Rumi

O Love, O pure deep Love, be here, be now,
Be all – worlds dissolve into your
stainless endless radiance,
Frail living leaves burn with your brighter
than cold stares –
Make me your servant, your breath, your core.
Rumi

Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.
Rumi

I am
a sculptor, a molder of form.
In every moment I shape an idol.
But then, in front of you, I melt them down
I can rouse a hundred forms
and fill them with spirit,
but when I look into your face,
I want to throw them in the fire.
Rumi

My souls spills into yours and is blended.
Because my soul has absorbed your fragrance,
I cherish it.
Rumi

I merge with my Beloved
when I participate in love.
Rumi

In this house of mud and water,
my heart has fallen to ruins.
Enter this house, my Love,
or let me leave.
Rumi

Because your sighs
have fermented my blood
I need no wine.
Rumi

I begin the Night Journey in your eyes
toward the wild desert fragrance
I longed for all day.
Rumi

We are each others' search
for what's between our mirrors.
Rumi

On the wick of your eye, you lit me:
I danced out in your seeing.
From the golden oil in my bones
I kindled you.
Rumi

A soul for my soul,
you gushed
through my hollow places.
Anoint me now! Stream down
this broken necklace
of dangling pearls
from throat to thigh.
Unite the sea and setting sun.
Rumi

When dawn comes, we'll whisper
which of us was stillness,
which the dancer.
Rumi

Reason is the shadow cast by God; God is the sun.
Rumi

What is the body? That shadow of a shadow
of your love, that somehow contains
the entire universe.
Rumi

There is no reality but God,
says the completely surrendered sheik, who is an ocean for all beings.
Rumi

I can't stop pointing
to the beauty.
Every moment and place says,
'Put this design in your carpet!'
Rumi

I am filled with you.
Skin, blood, bone, brain, and soul.
There's no room for lack of trust, or trust.
Nothing in this existence but that existence.
Rumi

A prince is just
a conceit until he does something with generosity.
Rumi

Why use bitter soup for healing
when sweet water is everywhere?
Rumi

I am God's Lion, not the lion of passion....
I have no longing
except for the One.
When a wind of personal reaction comes,
I do not go along with it.
Rumi

Come, seek, for search is the foundation of fortune:
every success depends upon focusing the heart.
Rumi

Everything you possess of skill, and wealth and handicraft,
wasn't it first merely a thought and a quest?
Rumi

My heart is expanding a thousand fold.
Every cell,
taking wings,
flies about the world.
All seek separately
the many faces of my Beloved.
Rumi

Post a Comment

0 Comments