Love Quotes of Jalal al-Din al-Rumi (7)

Since in order to speak, one must first listen, learn to speak by listening.

Rumi

O tongue, you are an endless treasure. O tongue, you are also an endless disease.
Rumi

The intelligent desire self-control; children want candy.
Rumi

Many of the faults you see in others, dear reader, are your own nature reflected in them. As the Prophet said, 'The faithful are mirrors to one another.'
Rumi

Whoever gives reverence receives reverence.
Rumi

If you are wholly perplexed and in straits,
have patience, for patience is the key to joy.
Rumi

Dissolve in the Being who is everything.
Rumi

There is no worse sickness for the soul,
O you who are proud, than this pretense of perfection.
Rumi

The world's flattery and hypocrisy is a sweet morsel: eat less of it, for it is full of fire. Its fire is hidden while its taste is manifest, but its smoke becomes visible in the end.
Rumi

How should Spring bring forth a garden on hard stone? Become earth, you may grow flowers of many colors. For you have been a heart-breaking rock. Once, for the sake of experiment, be earth!
Rumi

O heart, if you want to join us,
raise yourself
to the dome of the inner sky
Enter the fortress that no one can break.
Rumi

Why should I be weary
when every cell of my body is bursting with life?
Why should I be a donkey's slave
when I ride upon a magical horse?
Why should I be less than the Moon
when there are no scorpions at my feet?
Why should I stay at the bottom of a well
when a strong rope is in my hand?
Rumi

I am the rays of the Sun
dancing through the windows of every house.
Rumi

I am the glorious Sun,
the ocean laden with pearls.
Within my heart is the grandeur of heaven.
Rumi

The truth of what you see
is written all over your face!
Rumi

I come to you without me, come to me without you.
Self is the thorn in the sole of the soul.
Merge with others,
If you stay in self, you are a grain, you are a drop,
If you merge with others, you are an ocean, you are a mine.
Rumi

Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu
Buddhist, sufi, or zen. Not any religion
or cultural system. I am not from the East
or the West, not out of the ocean or up
from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not
composed of elements at all. I do not exist,
am not an entity in this world or the next,
did not descend from Adam or Eve or any
origin story. My place is placeless, a trace
of the traceless. Neither body or soul.
I belong to the beloved, have seen the two
worlds as one and that one call to and know,
first, last, outer, inner, only that
breath breathing human being.
Rumi

I drank that wine of which the soul is its vessel. Its ecstacy has stolen my intellect away. A light came and kindled a flame in the depth of my soul. A light so radiant that the sun orbits around it like a butterfly.
Rumi

In generosity and helping others be like a river.
In compassion and grace be like sun.
In concealing others' faults be like night.
In anger and fury be like dead.
In modesty and humility be like earth.
In tolerance be like a sea.
Either exist as you are or be as you look.
Rumi

Let silence take you to the core of life.
Rumi

The soil is faithful to its trust: whatever
you have sown in it, you reap the same.
But until springtime brings the touch of God,
the soil does not reveal its secrets.
Rumi

He breathes into my ear
until my soul
takes on His fragrance.
He is the soul of my soul.
Rumi

Close the language-door,
and open the love-window
The moon won't use the door,
only the window.
Rumi

Go my friend
Bestow your love
Even on your foes
If you touch their hearts
What do you think will happen.
Rumi

Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
Rumi

In the midst of making form, love
made this form that melts form,
with love for the door,
soul the vestibule.
Rumi

Watch the dust grains moving
in the light near the window.
their dance is our dance.
Rumi

I have died many times, but your breath
made me alive again.
Rumi

I am the Spirit Moon
with no place.
You do not see me for I am hidden
inside the soul.
Rumi

I am the garden of all gardens
I speak as the King of all flowers
I am the spring of all waters.
My words are like a ship and the sea
is their meaning.
Come to me and I will take you
to the depths of spirit.
Rumi

My soul is screaming in ecstasy
Every fiber of my being
is in love with you
Your effulgence
has lit a fire in my heart.
Rumi

My arrow of love
has arrived at the target
I am in the house of mercy
and my heart
is a place of prayer.
Rumi

No longer a stranger, you listen all day to these crazy love-words. Like a bee you fill hundreds of homes with honey, though yours is a long flight from here.
Rumi

A thorn in the foot is hard to find.
What about a thorn in the heart?
If everyone saw the thorn in his heart,
when would sorrow gain the upper hand?
Rumi

Don't take a wooden sword into battle. Go, find one of steel; then march forward with joy.
Rumi

Love, the life-giving garden of this world.
Rumi

Post a Comment

0 Comments