Love Quotes of Jalal al-Din al-Rumi (3)

In the orchard and rose garden

I long to see your face.
In the taste of Sweetness
I long to kiss your lips.
In the shadows of passion
I long for your love.
Rumi

You are the Essence of the Essence,
The intoxication of Love.
I long to sing your praises
but stand mute
with the agony of wishing in my heart.
Rumi

Do not grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
Rumi

The real beloved is your beginning and your end.
When you find that one,
you'll no longer expect anything else.
Rumi

Of the book of God
Thou art a copying,
A mirror, wherein showed
The beauty of the King.
All God ever wrought
Dwelleth not apart;
All thou hast ever sought,
Find it in thy heart.
Rumi

Those who don't feel this Love
pulling them like a river,
those who don't drink dawn
like a cup of spring water
or take in sunset like supper,
those who don't want to change,
let them sleep.
Rumi

With
passion pray. With
passion work. With passion make love.
With passion eat and drink and dance and play.
Why look like a dead fish
in this ocean
of
God?
Rumi

Who looks out with my eyes? What is the soul?
I cannot stop asking.
Rumi

All day I think about it, then at night I say it.
Where did I come from,
And what am I supposed to be doing?
I have no idea.
My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that,
And I intend to end up there.
Rumi

The Lover comes, the Lover comes!
Open the way for him!
He’s looking for a heart,
Let’s show him one.
I scream
“What you come to hunt is me!”
He says laughingly,
'I’m here not to hunt you but to save you.'
Rumi

Dance, when you’re broken open. 
Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. 
Dance in the middle of the fighting. 
Dance in your blood. 
Dance, when you’re perfectly free.
Rumi

From the beginning of my life
I have been looking for your face
but today I have seen it
Today I have seen
the charm, the beauty,
the unfathomable grace
of the face
that I was looking for.
Rumi

I am bewildered by the magnificence of your beauty,
and wish to see you with a hundred eyes.
I am in the house of mercy,
and my heart is a place of prayer.
Rumi

In my vertigo, in my dizziness, in my drunken haze,
whirling and dancing like a spinning wheel,
I saw myself as the source of existence,
I was there at the beginning and I was the spirit of love.
Rumi

But learn
this custom
from the flower:
silence
your tongue.
Rumi

The garden of Love is green without limit
and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy.
Love is beyond either condition:
without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh.
Rumi

Burdens are the foundations of ease and bitter things the forerunners of pleasure.
Rumi

Your hand opens and closes and opens and closes.
If it were always a fist or always stretched open,
you would be paralyzed.
Your deepest presence
is in every small contracting and expanding,
the two as beautifully balanced and coordinated
as bird wings.
Rumi

Your bright face is my day
Your dark curls bring the night
If you do not let me near you
I promise not go to sleep nor rise
Your magnificence has made me a wonder
Your charm has taught me the way of love
I am the progeny of Abraham
I'll find my way through fire.
Rumi

In the body of the world, they say, there is a soul
and you are that.
Rumi

I would love to kiss you.
The price of kissing is your life.
Now my loving is running toward my life shouting,
What a bargain, let's buy it.
Rumi

Late by myself, in the boat by myself
No light and no land anywhere
cloud cover thick, I try to stay
just above the surface, but I am already under
and living in the ocean of your love.
Rumi

Since I was cut from the reedbed,
I have made this crying sound.
Anyone apart from someone he loves
understands what I say.
Anyone pulled from a source
longs to go back.
Rumi

Is it your face
that adorns the garden?
Is it your fragrance
that intoxicates this garden?
Is it your spirit
that has made this brook
a river of wine?
Rumi

To Love is to reach God.
Rumi

There is a candle in your heart,
ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul,
ready to be filled.
You feel it, don't you?
Rumi

A rose's rarest essence lives in the thorn.
Rumi

There are amazing things in the ocean,
and there is one who is the ocean.
Rumi

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
Rumi

There is no Love greater than Love with no object.
For then you, yourself, have become love itself.
Rumi

Because of your love
I have lost my sobriety
I am intoxicated
by the madness of love.
Rumi

In the garden
I see only your face
From trees and blossoms
I inhale only your fragrance.
Rumi

Drunk with the ecstasy of love
I can no longer tell the difference
betweeen drunkard and drink
Between lover and Beloved.
Rumi

That’s how you came here, like a star
without a name. Move across the night sky
with those anonymous lights.
Rumi

Because the idol is your face,
I have become an idolater.
Because the wine is from your cup,
I've become a drunkard.
In the existence of your love,
I have become non-existent.
This non-existence, linked to you,
is better than all existence.
Rumi

Many hearts have sought refuge from this love,
but it drags and pulls them to its own refuge.
Rumi

Post a Comment

0 Comments