Love Quotes of Jalal al-Din al-Rumi (4)

Love so needs to love,

that it will endure almost anything,
even abuse,
just to flicker for a moment.
Rumi



I died as a mineral and became a plant,
I died as plant and rose to animal,
I died as animal and I was Man.
Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?
Rumi



Are you searching for the river of your soul?
Then come out of your prison.
Leave the stream
and join the river
that flows into the ocean.
Rumi



Love is reckless; not reason.
Reason seeks a profit.
Having died of self-interest,
Love risks everything and asks for nothing.
Rumi



The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along.
Rumi



My place is the Placeless, my trace is Traceless,
'Tis neither body nor soul, for I belong to the soul of the Beloved
Rumi



You were born with potential
You were born with goodness and trust
You were born with ideals and dreams
You were born with greatness
You were born with wings
You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings
Learn to use them, and fly.
Rumi



I long to escape the prison of my ego
and lose myself in you.
Rumi



A moment of happiness,
you and I sitting on the verandah,
apparently two, but one in soul, you and I.
We feel the flowing water of life here,
you and I, with the garden's beauty
and the birds singing.
Rumi



That which God said to the rose,
and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty,
He said to my heart,
and made it a hundred times more beautiful.
Rumi



From the clear center of my heart
there are no edges to my loving you
I've heard it said there's a window that opens
from one mind to another
but if there were no wall,
what need of installing a window?
Rumi



If the wind had taken me to you,
I would have held tight to the skirts of the wind.
I miss you so much that I would fly to you faster than a bird;
But how can a bird with a clipped wing fly?
Rumi



There comes a holy
and transparent time
when every touch
of beauty
opens the heart
to tears.
This is the time
the Beloved of heaven
is brought tenderly on earth.
This is the time
of the opening
of the Rose.
Rumi



Remember any night of all of our nights
but don't remember things I've said.
Rumi



What was whispered to the rose
To break it open
Last night
Was whispered to my heart.
Rumi



Stop learning.
Start knowing.
The rose opens
And opens
And when it falls
Falls outward.
Rumi



Silence
You are the diamond in me
the Jewel of my real wealth!
From your soft earth
grow thousands
of rose gardens
whose perfumes
drown me
in my heart.
Rumi



I was dead
I came alive
I was tears
I became laughter
all because of love.
Rumi



love said
you are a candle
attracting everyone
gathering every one
around you.
Rumi



love said
you already have
your own wings
I will not give you
more feathers.
Rumi



My heart is burning with love
All can see this flame
My heart is pulsing with passion
like waves on an ocean.
Rumi



I’m at home wherever I am
And in the room of lovers
I can see with closed eyes
the beauty that dances.
Rumi



Behind the veils
intoxicated with love
I too dance the rhythm
of this moving world
I have lost my senses
in my world of lovers.
Rumi



Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity.
The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death.
Tomorrow, when resurrection comes,
The heart that is not in love will fail the test.
Rumi



Suddenly the drunken sweetheart appeared out of my door.
She drank a cup of ruby wine and sat by my side.
Seeing and holding the lockets of her hair
My face became all eyes, and my eyes all hands.
Rumi



When I am with you, we stay up all night,
When you're not here, I can't get to sleep.
Praise God for these two insomnias!
And the difference between them.
Rumi



I have phrases and whole pages memorized,
but nothing can be told of love.
You must wait until you and I
are living together.
In the conversation we'll have
then...be patient...then.
Rumi



When the sweet glance of my true love caught my eyes,
Like alchemy, it transformed my copper-like soul.
I searched for Him with a thousand hands,
He stretched out His arms and clutched my feet.#
Rumi



There is a smile and a gentleness
inside. When I learned the name
and address of that, I went to where
you sell perfume. I begged you not
to trouble me so with longing. Come
out and play! Flirt more naturally.
Teach me how to kiss. On the ground
a spread blanket, flame that's caught
and burning well, cumin seeds browning,
I am inside all of this with my soul.
Rumi



Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy,
absentminded. Someone sober
will worry about things going badly.
Let the lover be.
Rumi



When your chest is free of your limiting ego,
Then you will see the ageless Beloved.
You can not see yourself without a mirror;
Look at the Beloved, He is the brightest mirror.
Rumi



We are the mirror as well as the face in it.
We are tasting the taste this minute of eternity.
We are pain and what cures pain both.
We are the sweet cold water and the jar that pours.
Rumi



I want to hold you close like a lute so we can cry out with loving.
You would rather throw stones at a mirror?
I am your mirror, and here are the stones.
Rumi



You bewilder us with your grace,
all evils transformed into goodness.
You are the master alchemist.
You light the fire of love in Earth and Sky,
in heart and soul of every being.
Through your loving, 
existence and non-existence merge.
All opposites unite. 
All that is profane becomes sacred again.
Rumi



When it's cold and raining,
you are more beautiful.
And the snow brings me
even closer to your lips.
The inner secret, that which was never born,
you are that freshness, and I am with you now.
I can't explain the goings,
or the comings. You enter suddenly,
and I am nowhere again.
Inside the majesty.
Rumi



When you find yourself with the Beloved, embracing for one breath,
In that moment you will find your true destiny.
Alas, don't spoil this precious moment
Moments like this are very, very rare.
Rumi



And just the moment
when you are all confused
leaps forth a voice
hold me close
I'm love and
I'm always yours.
Rumi

Post a Comment

0 Comments